Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thank The Lord And Praise Him

"In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge...deliver me in Your righteousness...Since You are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me.  Free me from the trap that is set for me, for You are my refuge.  Into Your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, The God of truth...I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul...Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.  My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak...I have become like broken pottery...But I trust in You, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.'  My times are in Your hands...Let Your face shine on Your servant; save me in Your unfailing love...How great is Your goodness, which You have stored up for those who fear You, which You bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in You... Praise be to The LORD, for He showed His wonderful love to me...You heard my cry for mercy when I called to You for help.  Love The LORD, all His saints!  The LORD preserves the faithful...Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in The LORD."  Psalms 31:1-24 (NIV)

This psalm of King David is a song of encouragement.  In it he acknowledges who God is, and what He has done for him.  Then he praises God and exhorts all of the saints of God to love and praise The Lord also.

David acknowledged that he was in trouble, he called upon the name of The Lord to ask for mercy, and God saved him.  Believers know that what ever the situation
, God is the solution; what ever the affliction, God is the answer; what ever the distress, God is the deliverer; and what ever the condition, God is the comforter.



No comments:

Post a Comment