Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Steps Of A Good Man

"If The LORD delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for The LORD upholds him with His hand."  Psalms 37:23-24 (NIV)  The King James version reads: "The steps of a good man are ordered by The LORD: and he delighteth in His way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for The LORD upholdeth him with His hand." 

These are the words of King David explaining that the path and steps of the believer are determined by The Lord.  Although the believer may stumble and fall into sin, The Lord will not desert him, but He will help him to get back up and to continue on the right path.

As believers, our human attempts to follow The Word of God will fall short, and we will fall into sin
. (Romans 3:23)  For none of us is truly righteous, and we are all far from perfect. (Romans 3:10)  However, if we confess our sins, and ask to be forgiven, He will forgive us. (1 John 1:9)   If we want Him to lead us, to guide us, to direct us, and to order our steps, then we must ask Him to do it.  If we pray and ask The Lord to guide us and to show us the right way and the right path, He will do so. (Psalms 32:8)  Our prayer should be like the words of the song, "Order my steps in Your Word, dear Lord; Lead me, guide me, everyday... Please order my steps in Your Word ... I want to walk worthy, my calling to fulfill;  Please order my steps, Lord, and I'll do Your blessed will ... Please order my steps in Your Word."  


No comments:

Post a Comment