Sunday, February 26, 2012

Joy And Joyous Anticipation

"Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise The Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set The Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices ... You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:5-11 (NIV)

Here King David seeks preservation and a blessing from God. He is grateful and expresses his gratitude. He praises God for His counsel and His instruction. In life and facing death he is hopeful. He knows that God has chosen his path and that it leads to joy and eternal life with Christ.

We should be content with our portion and with God's provisions and promises. We should delight in God's constant presence. We should daily reflect on God's council and instruction should intentionally keep His Word before us. The steps we take and the walk that we walk should be directed by The Lord. We should run this race with joy and joyous anticipation knowing that we are headed for eternal life with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment