Monday, July 25, 2016

TEACH ME TO WALK IN YOUR WAY LORD

Proclamation:
"Teach me Your way, Lord, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name.  I will praise You, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your name forever." Psalms 86:11-12 (NIV)
Explanation:
This psalm is one of six prayers recorded in The Bible Book of Psalms, (Psalms 17, 51, 86, 90, 102, and 142)  This Psalm is one of David's prayers.  It includes a petition, adoration, thanksgiving, but it omits the confession of any specific sin.  It is a personal prayer, not an intercessory prayer for others.  David wants God to help him do that which is right.  He wants God to hear him, protect him, save him, and have mercy on him.  He also wants The Lord to "teach" him to walk in God's way.

Application:
All too often we try to do things on our own.  We don’t pray before we begin an activity and we don’t ask The Lord to help us with whatever it is.  Just because we think that something is the right thing to do does not mean that it is what The Lord would have us to do.  We need to pray and ask God to teach us His way.  We should not assume that we know what He wants us to do or that we know how He wants it done.  We cannot walk with God without His help.  In fact, we should ask The Lord to help us and guide us as we go through all of our daily activities for without Him we could do nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment