Saturday, August 20, 2022

WE LIVE BY FAITH IN CHRIST

PROCLAMATION

“For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.  I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me;  And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of The Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”  Galatians 2:19-20 (KJV)

 

EXPLANATION

These words were written by the Apostle Paul, under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God, to the believers in the church at Galatia.  Paul begins this chapter by recounting his acceptance by the apostles. (Galatians 2:1-10)  He then recounts an episode where he confronts Peter for his non-Christ-like behavior. (Galatians 2:11-18)  Peter would eat and fellowship with the Gentiles until some of the other apostles arrived, then he separated himself from them.  Other believers, including Barnabas, followed his lead.  After this, Paul states that he was no longer under the law because Christ died and rose for him.  Now he lives his life for Christ and walks by faith in The Son of God. (Galatians 2

 

APPLICATION

Our behavior is always under scrutiny, by non-believers and by other believers.  When we do wrong and sin, we can cause those who follow us to stumble and fall into sin, as Peter did.  As believers, we are not to return to our old ways and follow non-Christian customs in order to gain the favor of man. (Galatians 2:14)  We need to recognize The Spirit of God within us and then to live our life as a good example of Christian behavior.  We are justified by our faith in Christ and not by our works or customs.  Christ was crucified once for all of us and for all of our sins.  There is no need for us to be crucified or to crucify Him again.  He died for us so that we could live with Him in the future.  So, let us live for Him now.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment