Tuesday, September 28, 2021

SING A SONG OF PRAISE UNTO THE LORD

PROCLAMATION

“And he said, ‘The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; In Him will I trust; He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; Thou savest me from violence.  I will call on The Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from mine enemies.”  2 Samuel 22:2-4 (KJV)

 

EXPLANATION

These words were written under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God after the death of the prophet Samuel by Nathan the prophet and Gad the seer.  This entire chapter is the song of praise which David spoke or sang unto The Lord after He delivered him from the hand of his enemies, out of the hand of Saul.  The words are almost identical to the words of Psalm 18, and most of the Bible scholars believe that these words were written in his old age.  This was David’s public expression before the congregation of Israel of his gratitude for his deliverance from his enemies.  It was written and sung, to give praise, honor and glory to The Lord God.

 

APPLICATION

We have all been in at least one bad situation which The Lord God delivered us out of, or through.  We may not be able to compose a song of praise to The Lord, and we may not be able to sing the words of a song of praise in the proper key.  However, the Bible teaches us that we should “make a joyful noise” unto The Lord. (Psalm 66:1, Psalm 81:1, Psalm 95:1-2, Psalm 98:4, and Psalm 100:1)  We can read out loud the words of this psalm of praise, or some other psalm of praise, to give God glory.  As believers we should not have to be told to praise The Lord, we should do that spontaneously and frequently every day.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment