Saturday, August 13, 2016

BE MERCIFUL TO ME HEAL ME DELIVER ME

Proclamation:
"O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger or discipline me in Your wrath.  Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony.  My soul is in anguish.  How long, O Lord, how long?  Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of Your unfailing love."  Psalms 6:1-4 (NIV)

Explanation:
These words were written by King David under the influence of The Holy Spirit of God.  While in the midst of an apparently stressful bad situation, David assumed that God was punishing him.  He asked God not to punish him while He was angry with him and then he asked God to have mercy on him.

Application:
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  Whatever happens to us is all part of God's permissive will because He is in control of everything.  Remember, all things work together for good to them that love God. (Romans 8:28)  The spankings that we received as children were for our good, even though they hurt and we did not enjoy them at the time.  Not all of the bad things that happen to us are punishment, sometimes they are just tests of our faith.  Remember what happened to Job. (Job 1:1- 2:10)  Sometimes things happen to us to remind us that God's grace is sufficient to see us through whatever it is.  Remember the thorn which was in Paul's flesh that he prayed and asked God three times to remove. (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)  It is always okay to ask God for mercy and help in the midst of our storms and our negative situations.  However, instead of always asking God to remove our mountains and our problems, maybe we should ask Him for the strength to climb and endure them.


No comments:

Post a Comment