Sunday, November 10, 2013

God Is Our Refuge And Our Protection

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Psalms 18:2 (NIV)

This psalm is a song of King David.  In this verse, He is taking comfort in and expressing the fact that The Lord God is the source of his strength, his hiding place, and the source of his protection.  This is part of his justification for his love for The Lord. (Psalms 18:1)  It is also why he says that The Lord God is worthy of praise, because He has saved him from trouble. (Psalms 18:3)


We know that our strength comes from The Lord. (Exodus 15:2, Psalms 27:1, Psalms 28:7, Psalms 37:39, Psalms 118:14, and Isaiah 12:2)  We also know that The Lord God is the source of our protection. (Deuteronomy 33:27, 2 Samuel 22:3, Psalms 9:9, Psalms 46:1, Psalms 57:1, Psalms 59:16, Psalms 62:7, Isaiah 25:4, and Jeremiah 16:19)  As He was in the past, He is now, and always will be. (1 Kings 8:57)  He did it for them and He can do it for us.  
When God is our foundation, we are on solid ground and unshakable.  When He is our protection, we are safe for all hurt, harm, and danger. (Psalms 91:4)  There is no safer place, and there is no place that we would rather be. (John 10:28-29)  We can take comfort in knowing that we are safe in God. (Psalms 46:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment