Wednesday, April 24, 2013

God Is My Everything

"He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me."  Psalms 144:2 (NIV)

After he begins by praising God,
King David then begins to list the things that God is to him.  He says that God is his loving God, his fortress, his stronghold, his deliverer, his shield, his refuge, and his subduer of people.  God did a lot for David.

David begins this psalm by saying that God is his strength and his teacher (Psalm 144:1), and he ends it by saying the God is his salvation (Psalm 144:10).  He lists ten things that God is to him.  What would we say that God is to us, if we had to list them as David did?  When we think about all of the roles that God fulfills in our lives, we should just want to thank Him and praise Him.  As the song says, "God is my everything!"  David had a right to praise God, and so do we.  God has done a lot for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment