Sunday, May 3, 2020

HERE I AM LORD SEND ME


PROCLAMATION
“Then I heard the voice of The Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?’  And I said, ‘Here am I.  Send me.”  Isaiah 6:8 (NIV)

EXPLANATION
In chapter three Isaiah predicts the judgement which will fall on Jerusalem and Judah because of their sins against The Lord. (Isaiah 3:1-26)  Chapter four presents the prophecy of Jesus, The Christ, in which He is described as “The Branch of The Lord.” (Isaiah 4:2-6)  Chapter five is a parable of a vineyard which is presented as a song that details the destruction of the Jews and their land. (Isaiah 5:1-30)  In chapter six Isaiah presents a vision which he had of The Lord in the year that King Uzziah died. (Isaiah 6:1-13)  In the vision he saw The Lord seated on His throne and he cried “Woe is me” because he had unclean lips, and an angel came to him and placed a piece of hot coal on his lips to atone for his sins. (Isaiah 6:5-7)  Then he heard the voice of The Lord as who could He sent to deliver His message to the people.  Isaiah answered Him and said, “Here am I.  Send me.”

APPLICATION
We do not have to be perfect in order to do the work of The Lord.  As long as we believe in Him and confess our sins, He can use us to deliver His word to His people.  We can be pardoned of our sins, but we still have to be willing to work for The Lord.  The Lord qualifies whomever He chooses.  Remember, He told Moses that I will help you speak and tell you what to say. (Exodus 4:10-12)  However, He does not force us, we must come to Him and obey His word of our own free will.  Whosoever will, let them come. (Revelation 22:17)  The question is, when The Lord God calls us, how will we answer Him?  Here I am, Lord, send me.


No comments:

Post a Comment